[meteorite-list] 8/3/2012 Fireball seen from Coors Field, CO

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:35:33 -0700

Hi Mike/Shawn/List,

Following Shawn's post, I looked at the video and came to the same
conclusion -- way too fast to be a space object, and very unlikely
to be visible *through* the clouds in any case. Despite that, I
~did~ check Denver and Cheyenne radars to see if anything showed
up. Lots of weather/clouds at the time, but no obvious bolides.

Unfortunate, btw, that no one bothered to indicate WHEN the bolide
occurred on August 3rd. I had to estimate it based on the game
being in the top of the 6th, 2 outs, 2-2 count in a 3-0 game at
the time, knowing the game started at 6:40 pm MDT, and that local
sunset occurred around 8:17 pm. --Rob