[meteorite-list] Animated videos of various chondrule types

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:05:44 -0700

These videos were created in collaboration with Tomasz Jacubowski.

Inspired by an animated GIF of a chondrule he had posted, I approached him
with the idea of creating videos of the various chondrule types and their
appearance as a polarizing filter is rotated every 10 degrees from 0 to 360
degrees. By animating this process, viewers may now understand how polarized
light changes the chondrule's visual characteristics and brings out its
structural details. The results are beautiful and I hope to add more of
these videos over time. I will be adding detailed descriptions over the
next couple of weeks but I wanted to share these with the community now as
they are so cool.
http://www.meteoritesusa.com/meteorite-education-definition-identification-t
ype/chondrules-definition-identification-types/
Regards,

Mendy