[meteorite-list] Window a rock with light (was: Taking a Robotic Geologist to Mars (MSL))

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 00:51:26 -0400 (EDT)

Ron, List;

CheMin is a heavy hitter, but anyone know what one of these gadgets
goes for on eBay?

It has potential to ease desert hunting without getting off ones butt

Great down to earth explanation complete with hauling rocks around:

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/W2w0NzUvEYg

Luckily, Ditch Day was in May, or someone from Caltech might have used
this tool to give Curiosity a Hot Foot when no one was looking, only to
later discover the morse code designed into the treads soon to
criss-cross Mars was altered from J-P-L to C-A-L T-E-K ;-)

Something like this...

http://tinyurl.com/alf4z8

Kindest wishes

Doug