[meteorite-list] MetBul search of provisional or unknown meteorites

From: Jeff Grossman <jngrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 08:01:51 -0400

The community is welcome to direct questions and suggestions about the
MetBull Database to me. I am the editor, author, and programmer of the
database.

The pulldown item "Unclassified meteorites" captures the ones called
"unknown". Alternatively, you can click the "Classes" radio button and
search for "unknown." You cannot directly search for a specific class
in the listings, as these meteorites have no published classification.
But if use change the pulldown menu that defaults to "Normal table" to
"Provisional", then the output of your search will include the
description field, which frequently contains an unpublished classification.

Jeff