[meteorite-list] Fwd: Pojoaquea Pallasite - What happened to it? (Second Attempt)

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 09:40:22 -0400

Hi List,

I tried to post this yesterday, but emails were not going through to
the List. I contacted a couple of other List members who confirmed
that they were having problems with emails reaching the List also. So
if this message (or my ad from yesterday) appears twice, please
forgive me, it was not intentional.

Usually, any Nininger-related question garners a couple of replies, so
I knew something was wrong when nobody replied and this post never
appeared.

Original post/question -

Hi List,

On page 9 of Nininger's "Catch a Falling Star", he mentions a
pallasite named "Pojoaquea" that was found in an Indian burial mound
in New Mexico in 1931. He says that the specimen bore evidence of
being carried in a medicine pouch. I searched the internet, Grady's
CoM, and the Met Bulletin, and I cannot find any other mention of this
meteorite.

Does anyone know what happened to this meteorite? And if it is
extant, where is it?

Best regards,

MikeG
--