[meteorite-list] I too found a meteorite in Lotus, CA from the 4/22 sighting

From: Brien Cook <contact_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:39:30 -0700

For some reason my email from yesterday didn't post. So here it is again...

Although I can't claim the first find, I did find mine at 12:40 pm today 4/24. Being a local from Sacramento I arrived on scene at 9:00 am and started hunting along the South Fork American River to the Marshall Gold Discovery State Park. After a brief lunch I drove to a nearby area which I calculated to be the center of the radar signal. Within 20 minutes I found it sitting on top of a gravel road. Even though it has a fusion crust it doesn't weight as much as similar meteorites in my collection. I estimate the weight to be in the 5-7 grams range. I'd like to compare notes with the other one that was found.

Overall, a great day and a wonderful place to go hunting. The weather was great and it's just beautiful. If you're planning on hunting yourself you'll need a metal detector. There are a lot of public lands nearby but also a lot of private land. I'm going to try and get back out there soon.