[meteorite-list] need meteorite speaker in Boston on Aug. 25th

From: Kelly Beatty <jkellybeatty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:47:40 -0400

folks...

one of the hats I wear is as a member for the American Meteorological Society's
"Station Scientist" committee. (if you think about it, in any given TV station
the only person well versed in any kind of science it is the meteorologist, so
these folks are often tasked with covering science news stories.)

this year the AMS's Broadcast Meteorologists are meeting in Boston, and I've
convinced the organizers to have a "Short Course" (for which attendees earn
credit) on newsworthy topics in astronomy. it will be Saturday, August 25th,
6-8 pm at the Clay Center in Brookline, MA. there'll be about 50-100 attendees.
info: claycenter.org

I need someone to present a 30-minute talk on meteorites - basically what they
are, different main types, how to identify them, common meteorwrongs, etc.

are any of you interested? you'll need to (1) be a great public speaker, (2) be
able to send me an abstract right away, and (3) importantly, be willing to pay
your own way to come to Boston (sorry, no travel funds available).

the upside is that you'll be presented as the kind of "meteorite expert" that
news stations across the country will call for commentary, etc. - and I know
you're all very shy around cameras. ;-)

if interested, please contact me ASAP off list.

clear skies,
Kelly

J. Kelly Beatty
Senior Contributing Editor