[meteorite-list] Lyrid meteors?

From: Galactic Stone and Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:49:33 -0400

Hi Linton,

Nice report. It makes me want to go out with the scope rig more
often. I don't get to observe very often now, but several years ago I
had a great run of seeing bolides. But this was before I was
introduced to meteorites, so I didn't make the realization that those
same bolides could be dropping stones. Since learning about
meteorites, I'd see a bolide and then imagine where it will fall and
what it's history was before it landed here.

I haven't seen any good ones in a long time. If I go out with the
purpose of observing a bolide, I never spot any. But I had a great
run a few years back. This was around summer of 2008, and I saw more
bolides in a span of ~3 months than I usually see in the average year
or two. I'd make notes, but never really documented any useful
information about them. Any future meaningful bolide observations I
make will be posted here also, in the hopes that maybe someone can
find some meteorites.

Best regards and clear dark skies,

MikeG
--