[meteorite-list] Is James Cameron launching an asteroid mining company?

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:20:34 -0700 (PDT)

I just saw this on Yahoo news and had to pass it along:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/james-cameron-launching-asteroid-mining-company-204737338.html

Perhaps we can all get together and sell him (quoting the Big Kahuna) "ugly, cracked, weathered roadfill gravel that appears on ebay regularly" for $10 a gram so he can test his mining and extraction technologies here on earth for a fraction of what it will cost in space.? This is more entertaining than "Titanic".

By the way I'm founding a startup that will mine the earth's core, provide millions of jobs and add a googolplex $ the the world GDP.? I wonder if I can call Cameron and put in an order for a really nice diogenite.

Mendy