[meteorite-list] POP QUIZ ANSWER

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:21:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers
?
I would like to thank everyone that sent in their answers for POP QUIZ FRIDAYS
?
The question was....
?
True or Fales
?
All Angrites are non breccias?
?
The answer is true. All Angrites?to this date have no brecciation.
I would like to congrat BarrettWF?for emailing me with the correct answer and will be winning a free Murray meteorite sample.
?
Some interesting facts about Angrites
?
Only 2 angrites out of the?whole class are shocked. I wonder which?two those are :)
?
To this date, scientists are still unsure where angrites come from. Some have proposed they came?from Mercury, other have suggested from a parent body that is about the same size as Vesta.?Scientists have noted, due to the low level of shock and lack of brecciation, Angrites could have been stored?in smaller bodies?in the size range of 10km in diameter for 4.5Gyr which is suggestive with the?low shock and no brecciation. So does this mean the parent body Angrites came from?was ?severely affect by a catastrophic event causing the parent body to be distroyed and only?leaving small bodies? Only time will tell.
?
Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
eBay Store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ph0t0phl0w/m.html?
http://www.meteoritefalls.com/
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
Hello Listers

The question had a miss spelling

Here is the
correct answer

True or Fale

All Angrites are non breccias?

Shawn Alan
IMCA
1633
eBay store
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ph0t0phl0w/m.html?
http://www.meteoritefalls.com/

[meteorite-list] POP QUIZ FRIDAYS win a free Murray
sample
Shawn
Alan photophlow
at yahoo.com