[meteorite-list] AD - Amber Overstock - Buy Amber, Get Free Meteorites! And, FREE MARTIAN MICROS!

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:58:47 -0400

Hi Doug,

My amber collection come primarily from an old collection that
pre-dates the 1960s. The source I get it from is a long-time partner
that I trust more than 50% of the meteorite people I know. What's
more, several pieces and lots have sold to universities for amber
studies, and all have been verified and genuine unaltered. I'm happy
with them, but I just have too much it - over 2 kilos of small to
medium pieces - which is many individual pieces because amber doesn't
weigh much,

I have pieces from over a dozen localities, including rare types like
Burmite, New Jersey, Lebanese, etc. Counting copals, the number of
localities rises significantly.

The Chiapas region is not safe any more, so supply is dwindling from that area.

I'll sit down tonight to edit most of the listings and changed the
terminology from "raw" to "unsearched" or "rough". It's about 75
listings, so it will take me a while. But I want to make sure my
terminology is correct - unlike the multiple meteorite dealers who
insist on referring to desert varnish as "fusion crust". LOL

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG