[meteorite-list] OT Argentina destruction to houses, killing one injuring 6

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:14:05 -0400 (EDT)

The useful words are these, though I don't have time to listen twice
and get it exact:

"We saw a light and an heard a big explosion, dry explosion [Doug: I
think this might best translate to a 'hollow' explosion in American
English], it moved the bed and everything else. [Probably the woman
speaking wasn't in the house that was flattened, think she said she
lived a half block away, but says she was one of the first to arrive]

There was dark, very black, heavy smoke, although at first we thought
it was the cables [Me: I assume the electric service cables]

Kindest wishes,
Doug

PS, We have these tragedies all the time in Mexico with natural gas
explosions, look exactly like this, though it is claimed that the tanks
were where they were supposed to be, that just means a tank didn't
explode (assuming ALL are accounted for). For example if a valve was
leaking and hot cables nearby, a spark could be generated and easily
cause this tradegy.