[meteorite-list] UARS -- Alberta or Pacific fall?

From: Greg Hupé <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 03:44:25 -0400

Yep, pretty much what I thought...
... And I don't mind funding it.

-----Original Message-----
From: MexicoDoug
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 2:23 AM
To: gmhupe at centurylink.net ; meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] UARS -- Alberta or Pacific fall?

"So, where are the parts..."

Hi Greg

I'm sure the Department of Defense knows whether it is at the bottom of
the ocean, but it is probably classified since any comment whatsoever
might hint on tracking and spying capabilities. They shot down a
satellite from orbit before, so observing sounds easier by comparison.

Can't they read a license plate from space? If there were any risk at
all that it would land in North America, one would think it was well
watched. But it would be cool if a listmember found it!

Kindest wishes
Doug