[meteorite-list] Named masses

From: Jeff Grossman <jngrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:12:21 -0400

All,

I'm compiling a list of all meteorites that have named masses. The two
well-known examples are Cape York and Campo del Cielo, which each have
many large pieces that are known by informal names, e.g., Ahnighito (CY)
and El Patio (CdC).

How many others can people come up with? This is a crowdsourcing
exercise for the MetBull database, where I'd like to keep track of such
names. I already have a long list of synonyms, but most of these are
not the names of masses; they are alternate names and spellings for the
meteorite itself (if you'd like to scan them to see if you can spot any
mass names, here is the long list:
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/MetBullSynonyms.php).

What I need are:

Meteorite name; mass name; weight; source of information; optional
descriptive text

Thanks to all who can help!

Jeff

p.s. I think I have most of the CdC and CY names already compiled.