[meteorite-list] E.T.'s NWA 6693 Thin Section

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:31:03 +0000

Hello List,

Tonight I had a first look at my thin section of the ungrouped achondrite NWA 6693 that I purchased from E.T. (Hello Edwin, I hope your surgery was successful and
that you are already on the mend!).

We all know that Greg Hup??s NWA 6704 (gorgeous 6.01 gr slice in my collection!) with its curvilinear bubble trains is no longer alone but nevertheless still unique as are its pairings: E.T.?s NWA 6693 and Gary?s NWA 6926.

The quadrangular viewing area of E.T.?s NWA 6693 thin section is a whopping 1.7 - 2.1 x 2.8 mm and its price a real bargain, a real steal, and, of course, it comes from the "Number One" slidemaker!

When I saw those colorful olivines and pyroxenes in x-pol. Light, I almost forgot to breathe and, well, when I noticed that there were not just a few occasional, curvilinear bubble trains but that this NWA 6693 TS was literally teeming with them, I almost choked!

What a meteorite, what a thin section!

Thank you Greg,
Thank you, E.T.

Best wishes,