[meteorite-list] NWA 6694 / Abee

From: Alan Rubin <aerubin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:58:15 -0700

Many of the clasts in Abee have metal-rich rims. These rims surrounded the
clasts during the last impact-melting event wherein the matrix was melted
and the clasts generally survived and helped to quench the melt. In many of
these metal rims, there are euhedral grains of enstatite that crystallized
from the matrix melt.

Alan Rubin
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
University of California
3845 Slichter Hall
603 Charles Young Dr. E
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567