[meteorite-list] AD: 81g Park Forest Meteorite

From: bill kies <parkforestmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:43:15 -0500

Hi all,

I'm thinking about having this meteorite sliced up. I thought I'd offer it whole first. Picked up hours after the fall so it's as fresh as they come. It was recovered early in the morning by a carpenter unloading lumber and tools in an apartment complex south of Steger Rd., east of Western Ave.

The surface has some kind of rash, where it smacked whatever ended it's journey, in a few areas. Over 50 percent thick fresh crust. I can only see light lithology in the areas that are exposed. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Best offer please.

http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/Billkies/PF%2081/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee516/Billkies/Park%20Forest/

Thanks,

Bill Kieskowski