[meteorite-list] Sundiving Comet

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:36:34 -0400 (EDT)

It's always great to hear of a new comet we can see, but SOHO's been
cranking them out every week, especially these neverending Kreutz
fragment stream like the one today, and there's not much to observe
except online. It's getting harder to be excited for discoveries that
one guy makes and then someone else looks at the same picture 15
seconds later an sees the same thing. I am sure it is exciting for the
discoverers, but:

For those who still like to observe things with their own eyes through
glass, the thrill I'd recommend the newest bright SWAN Comet discovered
by Rob Matson a couple weeks ago. For most of our latitudes, the comet
will be visible doing its thing with the Virgin (Virgo) all night at
almost the 10th magnitude, which is decent enough for a small-medium
sized telescope. Plus Rob is a list member!

It's C/2011 Q4 if you are looking it up...

Kindest wishes
Doug