[meteorite-list] FW: High Noon!

From: Elizabeth Warner <warnerem_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 13:17:15 -0400

LOL! I find it interesting how if he wins everyone else has to "never,
ever, sell, buy, barter, or trade meteorites in the United States, or
elsewhere, for as long as they may live!" However, if he loses, all he
has to do is apologize... I think that to be fair he should also agree
to "never, ever, sell, buy, barter, or trade meteorites in the United
States, or elsewhere," for as long as he lives!

And if so many scientists and analysts have said his material is not
meteoritic... well, that one paragraph proved to me what a loony that
guy is...

Clear Skies!
Elizabeth

On 9/6/2011 12:34 PM, Walter L. Newton wrote:
> For you reading pleasure, a LONG message from Steve Curry to... well... a
> heck of a lot of people.

[snip]

> Dr. Randy Korotev, WUSTL; Dr. Carl Agee, UNM; Dr. Lawrence Garvie, ASU,
> Dr. Alex Ruzika, Cascadia Meteorite Lab, Portland State University, Dr. John
> T. Wasson, UCLA, Dr. Alan Rubin, UCLA, Dr. Michael Zolensky, NASA's JSC, Dr.
> Timothy McCoy, Smithsonian Institute; Dr. Arthur Elmann, TCU; Dr. Rainer
> Newberry, UA at Fairbanks; Dr. Chris Peterson, Caltech/Denver Museum of Nature
> & Science; Dr. Theodore Bunch, NAU; Dr. John Wittke, NAU; and Melinda
> Hutson, Cascadia Meteorite Lab, Portland State University.
>
> Should it be found, that our "Uncompahgre Lunar Feldspathic Breccia"
> does not match, in any way, shape, or form, to Mr. Hupe's "NWA 5000," or to
> that of the Apollo Lunar Samples of Feldspathic Breccias, or meteorites
> posted with the Lunar& Planetary Institute's "Lunar Meteorite Compendium,"
> Mr. Curry will, without hesitation, close his Ebay posting of the
> "Uncompahgre Lunar Meteorite," permanently, and forever. Mr. Curry will
> also initiate a "Public Letter of Apology" to Mr. Hupe, members of the IMCA,
> and to above named scientists.

[snip]