[meteorite-list] Triangulation

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 09:08:17 -0400

Greetings,

Harvey Nininger who witnessed the November 9th 1923 super bright meteor fall
at McPherson, College, made his eye witness notes and went on to contact
newspapers, witnesses on each side of the fall. While this particular use of
triangulation did not yield the actual meteorite from the fall withnessed,
it did result in several other meteorites being found.

Harvey used this method many times. He used it with the Norton County fall I
believe and was able to locate that meteorite with triangulation. He was
standing on the meteorite in it's pit when Lincoln Lapaz and his group
walked over to the site.

I'll have to look up and try to put together various meteorites that
Nininger found using this method.
Best!

--AL Mitterling