[meteorite-list] Any experts on meteorite Kiris blades

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 16:09:15 -0400

Hi,

Be very, very careful.

The stories associated with most krises for sale in Indonesia are apocryphal. I've heard more fantastic stories---truly extraordinary tales---before the price drops precipitously during the course of negotiations.

The kris is a very important cultural symbol and there are so many legends attached to this weapon. My favorite? It was widely believed a kris would, on its own, slide out of its sheath and fly through the sky to strike the enemies of its owner.

Meteoritic iron? I've heard this a lot----far too often, in fact---and I would be extremely suspicious.

Best / darryl