[meteorite-list] Meteorite History

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:47:49 -0700

Hi again Bernd.

Ruben introduced Wendy and I to most of these folks he knew. I was standing
in the middle of the meteorite world! Even tried to talk Carl Agee into
showing up and hunting with us at the 100th Holbrook Anniversary! We had
some good conversations about the classification process and it was just a
pleasure talking with these folks! It was clear the room was filled with a
passion for meteorites. Mini's smile in the photo was how you could say the
day went...just does not get much better than that!
Most of the speeches when right over my head but still enjoyed it. Andrew
Davis, University of Chicago, talked about some of his projects and the toys
he gets to play with. Being an past Senior Intruments Tech, I was just
shaking my head! I would be like a kid in a candy store with some of this
stuff!

To clarify my first photo, Carlton is facing the speaker in the front row,
white hair.

Cheers!

Jim