[meteorite-list] Meteorite History

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 11:59:31 -0700

Hello Bernd and all!

I had the pleasure of meeting Carlton Moore during the ASU 50th symposium
and listened to the likes of
him and Gerald Wasserburg and others. Got to hear some stories about
Ninninger from folks that worked with him.
Also had the pleasure of meeting Laurence Garvie, Carl Agee, Robert Ward,
and crazy man Michael Farmer with is lovely wife and many others.
Even got a couple of special tours, which was awesome!

During the lunch break a group of us walked down the road a ways, put
together a few tables and chairs on a side walk and had lunch outside!
Had the pleasure of sitting next to Anne Black. She had ordered a mongo
sized sandwich and I could not believe she ate the whole thing!! Or was
that two sandwiches??? Of course the subject at lunch was about meteorites
and Robert Ward passed around a sample of what he had on him for all of us
to see.

Caroline Smith, from the Natural History Museum, London UK put on a good
talk after lunch, not that I agreed with one of the papers she referenced
from Canada, but she is a very good speaker and enjoyed it very much.

After that, I had to get back here in Parker, AZ to turn up my All Sky Cam
but this was a very nice event. well worth attending.

I think for ASU and the Center for meteorite Studies, I would consider it a
success!

Got a good shot of Mini and Laurence and Mike who was having way too much
fun! Carlton is in the first photo

https://k7wfr.us/ScrapBook/ASU50th/Photo-0004.jpg
https://k7wfr.us/ScrapBook/ASU50th/Photo-0005.jpg
https://k7wfr.us/ScrapBook/ASU50th/Photo-0006.jpg
https://k7wfr.us/ScrapBook/ASU50th/Photo-0007.jpg

Did not take too many pictures, but others did, so I hope we see them soon!

Oh! I learned how ASU is funded! It cost me $12.00 to park my car for a
half a day!

Cheers!

Jim

Jim Wooddell