[meteorite-list] [3] West Virginia / Maryland Event

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 02:10:13 -0400 (EDT)

(Oct 4 Event)
According to Allegany County 9-1-1 officials at about 4:30 this
morning folks throughout Western Maryland awoke to a sonic boom created
by a meteorite that moved through the area. 12 calls were made to
Allegany County 9-1-1 beginning at about 4:22 am from Frostburg to
Oldtown. Callers reported hearing a loud boom and seeing a blue or
green light flashing through the sky. County 9-1-1 officials from
around West Virginia claimed they received calls about feeling the
sonic boom from Carpendale, Capn Bridge and Wardensville. Early reports
are that the meteorite may have allegedly crashed somewhere in
Virginia. But Virginia Emergency Management officials say they have had
no meteorite reports. NASA officials have been unable to confirm the
reports at this point.