[meteorite-list] Gold and Iridium content ofmeteorites(especiallyirons)

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 11:05:19 -0700

Hi All,

I'll have to back Doug on this one -- it is more likely that a transcription
error or font change might occur than that one iron meteorite should have an
anomalously high gold content by three orders of magnitude. I've seen
milligrams and micrograms often confused in technical papers, probably as
a consequence of a simple font change. (Remember that the letter "m" is a
mu when using a Greek font.) --Rob