[meteorite-list] "Undocumented" meteorite in the Met Bulletin

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:50:54 -0400

Hi List,

One more question tonight. I noticed something else a bit strange in
the Met Bulletin today.

Chlumec (iron ungrouped) - http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=5358

This meteorite is listed as "undocumented meteorite" and has the same
color coding in the Bulletin as a provisional meteorite. I have never
seen this before. What exactly does this mean? Apparently the
meteorite has find coordinates (50? 9' 17"N, 15? 31' 14"E) and a TKW
of 3kg, but is undocumented. However, it must have been "documented"
to some degree or we wouldn't see it in the Met Bulletin, or it would
be listed as one of those "doubtful" meteorites.

So what gives here?

Just when I think I have seen it all in the Met Bull, it throws
another curveball at me. LOL

Best regards,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)

Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/42h79my