[meteorite-list] Meteorite Dealers - How to free yourself from eBay fees and restrictions

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 12:48:03 -0400

I have received numerous inquiries about the "ecommerce" alternative to eBay.
So I thought I would post a reply here in public for everyone to see, for the
curious and for those who are tired of eBay's bloodletting :

I use Highwire hosting. I signed up 3 years ago when there was no
monthly sales quota or fee. As a legacy account holder, I pay only
$19.99 a month for unlimited bandwidth, and no fee for sales.

Now they have changed the pricing structure a bit. It's $19.99 a
month for up to $1500 a month in sales. If you go over $1500, they
bump you up to the next pricing tier, which is $39.95 a month for up
to $4000 a month in sales. This is only for sales they can track,
like PayPal. Money orders, cash, and checks "fly under the radar".
You get unlimited items for this. So, for a large eBay seller that
regularly runs 100+ auctions a week, the savings are substantial. No
listing fees.

Highwire also sends your items to Google's shopping feed, Twitter, and
you get a Facebook store. Their servers also automatically detect
mobile browsers and displays a tablet/smartphone-friendly version of
your site. Their server reliability is top-notch (very little
downtime) and their customer service techs are very responsive.

Of course, there are a lot of hosted shopping cart sites out there,
but Highwire offers the best value for the money in terms of features
you get. You can always code your own shopping cart, by purchasing
ZenCart (or something similar), but coding can be a pain and I am not
good at it.

I save several thousand dollars a year versus selling the same amount
on eBay. :)

For those who are interested, you can use my referral link and I will get
a kickback if you sign up - http://app.highwire.com/?ref=meteorite

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber (Michael Gilmer)
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com