[meteorite-list] Meteorite?

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 01:38:15 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mike,

This is the old Vatican bible
( http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bible definition #4 )
of densities of meteorites:

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1998M%26PS...33.1231C

plus, the new one which had two angrites:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2010/pdf/1869.pdf

...and indicates a density of 3.2 g/mL for angrites which you'll like
but I don't have a clue with what accuracy tyhe density of the unknown
was measured.

As for the outside of the rock, it was in the tread referenced in the
other forum, but here's the image direct link:

http://www.meteoritejunction.com/download/file.php?id=1119

which has curious rust-colored spots but still looks basaltish to me.

Very curious, the object

Kindest wishes
Doug