[meteorite-list] Meteorite?

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 23:00:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mike and thanks for your opinion. I seem to see some tiny vesicles
but can't be sure; also we can't assume it's metal that's sparkling and
my thoughts are at a density of 3.2 g/mL it is possibly some sort of
basalt. Anyway, it's a very interesting meteorwrong, (assuming it's a
wrong from the streak test which may be at odds with it being basalt
...). Wonder what Randy would think about it; the rock was found in
the midwest not too far from him. It'd be a good one for his great
site. Probably can strike it down as a meteorite by thinking about the
two tone concentric heart it has with dendrites coming out (second
picture). Still puzzled...

Kindest wishes
Doug