[meteorite-list] Pena Blanca Spring -Hammerstone?

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 17:58:24 -0500

Michael,
You are probably thinking of a place that gets runoff from MT. Lemmon , Sabino Canyon where there is a man made dam but, wouldn't the meteorite have had to hit the actual structure of the dam to be a "hammer"?
Carancas hit a natural water well but, it did have a man made structure (for livestock watering) that was totally destroyed by impact .
Carl
meteoritemax
--
Cheers