[meteorite-list] Statistically Speaking

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 04:05:11 -0500 (EST)

I recall, perhaps from Rodrigo's old site(?), that the early Spanish
explorers crossing the desert between present day Chile and eastern
point found many dead cows in that area much predating the meteorite
naming. And then that a dry wash named 'vaca muerta' in the mid 1800's
that appeared on some maps. Look for an old map and you can support
this, but only one or two of them if I recall.

The there is "Burro Muerto" in the same desert. Hurry up and find a
meteorite there someone ... and then we can have more livestock fodder
;-)

Alternately, vaca muerta is what you call a strewn field that no longer
yiedls meteorites or a dispassionate or unwilling (meteorite hunting)
partner...

Kindest wishes
Doug