[meteorite-list] Extreme Canada Mail Slow Down

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 16:44:51 -0500 (EST)

"the Postal Service will cease to be reliable and the bulk of mailings
wil be carried by private contractors"

Hi Count Guido,

Hasn't that happened yet for Priority Mail? I thought all non-area
Priority Mail packages were handled by Fedex already. Nothing sacred
aboput the USPS in my opinion, I'd rather see them out of business and
back up running with a different business model.

These days most of what they deliver is junk mail to tip off crooks
when you're out of town and unfortunately they don't have a "do not
spam me" filter. If they wanted to earn their keep instead of fighting
everything tooth and nail, they'd automate the scanning of images of
all of our mail and send it to our email inbox and allow us to check
off what they should destroy or return to the sender instead.

Instead, they weigh down local landfills, recycle bins and providing
people with sensitive financial account numbers, addresses and other
key information from banks that are sending the latest super mortgage
yourself to the hilt, take this or that cash advance on these
unsolicited checks we have the nerve to send you; stc., that when not
properly shredded is breeding ground for other identity thieves.

Really not rocket science and if they weren't counting on delivering
all that trash for keeping them afloat financially and supplying
recycle programs enough trash to say "look how much we've recycled' ,
we're saving the planet; it would be a good idea.

Kindest wishes
Doug