[meteorite-list] POP QUIZ ANSWER

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:42:46 -0500 (EST)

"Chromite...I wonder if this mineral could be synthesized what
applications scientists would use it for?"

It could be used to make stainless steel (chromium helps give stainless
steel its 'stainless' quality.

Synthesizing it would be only a lab exercise since there are enough
rich chromite depoisits around the world.

Kindest wishes,
Doug