[meteorite-list] Remember this common find?

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:15:29 -0500

Hi Mike, Dick, List,

Mike G, I cringe every time as well, and this was no exception. A few quick
things here, as I'm still at the moment working with the writers of these
articles to clear this epic mess up...

First, neither Karl, Robert or myself knew anything about either of the
recent articles (from WUSTL and Space.com) until they hit the internet. Dr.
Korotev gave a very nice interview for the first article, some things were
lost in translation beteen himself and the writer, quite innocently, then
Space.com picked up the story and really blew it out of the water.

No time for details beyond that now, other than to apologize for even an
indirect association with these unintentional misrepresentations, which I'm
sure we can all agree are not good for the meteorite arena whatsoever.

Mike G, thank you as well for placing the criticism where it was due, which
is seemingly rather uncommon these days...

All the best,

Dave
www.fallingrocks.com