[meteorite-list] Meteorite Picture of the Day (Belle Plaine)

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 15:41:36 -0400 (EDT)

Since you all asked................

Here is a close-up of that chondrule, and I do believe it is a chondrule.

_http://www.impactika.com/catpix/bplainex.jpg_
(http://www.impactika.com/catpix/bplainex.jpg)

And Bernd, your estimate was very close, it is not quite round, so it is 15
mm across at the narrowest point and 17mm across at the widest.

And Thank you Art Ehlmann for allowing me to present this great piece to
the world! ;-)
(BTW, it is for sale, as a fund-raiser for the Monnig Collection).

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 11/2/2011 8:46:37 AM Mountain Daylight Time,