[meteorite-list] MPOD

From: valparint at aol.com <valparint_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:00:28 -0700

Dear Listees,

The MPOD made it through its first month smoothly, thanks to everyone who contributed pictures. I was pleasantly surprised that there was a different contributor for each day, except for Halloween when I put up a special picture of mine.

Several people contributed multiple pictures but my goal was, and is, to give first-time contributors priority. Don't get me wrong, though. The extras are queued up waiting to be assigned a day and give me much peace of mind.

To all of you who would like to send a picture but are afraid that your specimen might not measure up, send it anyway! The key is to have a good picture - in focus and enough pixels. I've been Photo-Shopping pictures to 1024 pixels in the biggest dimension so don't worry if your pictures are "too big." Generally, I make no other changes to the pictures, although I may crop one a bit and I may tweak the brightness and contrast to bring out details.

To all you big guys out there who have the killer collections - share, please!

Thanks and keep'em coming!

Paul Swartz
IMCA 5204