[meteorite-list] Almahata Sitta still giving up secrets

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 18:42:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Linton,

Nice article even if nothing is new it still is a very pleasant read by
a good writer.

I do have a complaint, though, which really is nothing to do with the
writer. We're meteorite geeks here and the article was all about
meteorite analysis. So 'TC3 is not as the article is titled: "The
Asteroid that fell to Earth";

In fact is has a better distinction; it is the "Meteoroid that fell to
Earth" while someone or something was sort of watching; Not comets; not
asteroids; but rather, "Close encounters of the Third Kind".

The MPC is not a classification authority; In fact, to have a little
fun if they wish to ignore meteoroids as a classification, they'd best
not be usin' our terms and be consistent calling 'em: their Asterites.

Kindest wishes
Doug