[meteorite-list] non-magnetic meteorites?

From: Michael Murray <mikebevmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 18:44:59 -0600

I have a small "suspect" stone that will roll right off of a NDIB
supermagnet if you set it on it and tilt the magnet a little, but I
picked it up with my magnet cane. (??) I have two 2"x2"x1/4" NDIB
supermagnets side by side on the head of the cane. When I found the
little stone that day it was sitting up on the top of the magnets and
right in the middle where the two magnets touched. I don't know squat
about magnets but because of finding this little rock like that I have
always wondered if the attraction is stronger when two flat magnets
are touching each other on the edge more so than just one of those
magnet's attraction by itself. I'm probably way out in left field on
this. Maybe someone on the List can shoot down my theory so I can
forget about that being the reason for picking up the stone.
Mike in CO