[meteorite-list] Test your Meteorite Knowledge, Win a Free Assortment of Micromounts!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 16:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike,

I think it is good to have contests and bring issues to the forefront.

You claimed:
But, Antarctica still claims the Holy Grail (to some) of meteorites - ALH84001.

My response:

There are other Martian Meteorites (Nakhlites) that exhibit the same
characteristics that made this stone most famous. Don't get me wrong, ALH84001
is a unique and fantastic stone. I believe there are equally fantastic and
unique stones from the Sahara and more of them than from Antarctica. They are
just not thrown in front of the press and promoted as hard.

Best Regards,

Adam