[meteorite-list] AD : NWA 6352 new CO3.4-W1, Twin sister of Ornans Meteorite MAIN MASS

From: Fabien Kuntz <wwmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:14:40 +0100 (BST)

Hello List,

I propose here the Main Mass (1051g) of the NWA 6352 meteorite for sale...

Why this meteorite is the twinn sister of the famous historic Ornans meteorite :

On about 40 000 official meteorites, only 225 are CO3 (called the Ornans group)
On 225 meteorites on the Ornans group, only 5 are CO3.4, exactly like the
Ornans meteorite (include this first famous witnessed fall)
My NWA 6352 is the number 6, the second after Ornans (TKW 6Kg) in term of mass
(1.277Kg)
NWA 6352 is the more fresh CO3.4 after Ornans, with a weathering grade of only
W1!

Fun fact, I live in Besan?on, a city about 20 km of the place where Ornans
meteorite fell in Jully 1868, and I am the main mass holder of its twin sister
: NWA 6352 !

http://www.wwmeteorites.com/NWA6352.html

Interesting in? Contact me! As a big specimen, good price... All offer welcomes

Fabien