[meteorite-list] AD-New CM2 and ebay auctions

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:28:15 -1000

Aloha listoids,

I'd like to announce a new CM2 carbonaceous chondrite, recently classified as NWA 6720, with a shock stage of S1 and weathering grade of W1/2. A single very fresh 6.5g fusion crusted stone was found in North West Africa in 2011, and purchased out of Erfoud, Morocco in February 8, 2011. The stone was cut on a wire saw by Montana Meteorite Laboratory, and a sample submitted to Dr Tony Irving for analysis toward classification. This meteorite is one of only 5 CM chondrites and only 4 CM2s from Northwest Africa, and with a total known weight of only 6.5g, there is very little available to collectors. You can find my offerings on my website: http://bigkahuna-meteorites.com/NWA6720.html

The Big Kahuna has some meteorites to offer on ebay in auctions ending this Saturday, May 21 starting at 8am Pacific / 11:00am Eastern / 4:00pm London / 6:00pm Helsinki / 11:00pm Singapore. Some of the items on the block are:

Almahata Sitta Ure-an 0.258g crusted fragment
NWA 5363 Ung Achon 3.42g fragment
Gao-Guenie H5 8.70g, 12.48g individuals
Homestead L5 2.59g polished slice
NWA 2086 CV3 7.86g polished slice
Murchison CM2 0.21g fragment
Lunar pendant vial, Lunar box and Mars box
Camel Donga Euc 1.25g, 4.84g individuals
Seymchan Pal 5.24g, 7.42g polished/etched slices
NWA 6576 Pal 2.33g Polished endcut
Henbury IIIAB 7.01g individual
Sikhote Alin IIAB 13.24g, 15.62g superb individuals
Gebel Kamil 50.75g shrapnel
Muonionalusta IVA 9.69g etched endcut
Libyan Desert Glass 13.47g
Turkish Agate 28.86g Polished slab - awesome!

http://shop.ebay.com/fujmon/m.html

Gary Fujihara
Big Kahuna Meteorites (IMCA#1693)
105 Puhili Place, Hilo, Hawai'i 96720