[meteorite-list] New Thread regarding scams

From: Rob Holcomb <rob.holcomb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 20:53:43 -0700

Personally I don't think a "black-balled" list is a good idea at all, it
puts the finger pointers at risk and makes the association look bad. What
it sounds like is the IMCA needs to get involved and promote members that
are dealers in good standing and if any member is caught selling
fraudulently they will lose their membership. Consumers and collectors can
be educated to only by from members of a reputable association that verifies
members and will admonish them if they don't act with utmost honesty and
integrity.

I certainly wouldn't trust a lawyer that was disbarred or a stock broker
that wasn't a member of the NASD. I'm not a dealer and have a very limited
collection, and will only buy from a legitimate dealer.

Seeing these posts on this forum is distracting from the real discussions
and now they have spread to the FB Meteorite group.

Rob Holcomb
(not an IMCA affiliate)