[meteorite-list] Scam Artist - Joel Samson -FakeLunar Meteorites

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 18:12:37 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hello Don, Al, Chris and List,

We agree that something needs to be done to eliminate fraud and misidentification. We also agree that investigating and "outing" a person offering misidentified meteorites intentionally, or not, is fraught with the danger of a lawsuit.

I put this to the you and the List...Why attack the purported fraudster? Why not attack the meteorite being offered? We are going to examine the suspected "clinger" anyway.

It could work this way.... and you readers can fill in the details.... Suspect rock is offered. Sample is obtained for analysis. This act would tie the seller to the rock. Rock turns out to be genuine. Nothing done. Rock turms out to be something else. Then the results of the analysis is released to the seller, the buyer and all who have asked that they be notified of misrepresentations. Nothing needs to be said about the seller personally. His rock is shit and we all know it. Whether his offering was done to intentionally defraud, or if he was a victim, or if it was mis-classified can be handled in the details. Just don't attack the seller personally. Attack the rock.

Best to all,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536