[meteorite-list] Widmanstatten Pattern on the outside??

From: Peter Scherff <peterscherff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 07:26:43 -0400

Hi Jason,

        Lovina jumps to my mind. http://www.macovich.com/Lovina.htm

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Jay Snyder
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2011 12:53 AM
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Subject: [meteorite-list] Widmanstatten Pattern on the outside??

Hello list,

I am curious if anyone has ever observed an iron meteorite with a
widmanstatten pattern on the outside or I guess what would be the outside or
a weathered iron meteorite? I have a very small SaW 005 that shows the
patten after cleaning with a mild vinegar solution, under the microscope.
I've tried to capture some pictures, but am unable at this time through the
scope. Very interesting indeed, and if anyone has had experiences with this
I would like to hear about them or see them too.
--
Jason Snyder
Amateur Meteor Hunter
meteorseeker at cox.net