[meteorite-list] Mifflin vs Whetstone Mountains

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 20:16:24 -0700 (PDT)

Once again, now you all know why we did not open the Whetstone Mountains fall to everyone. The landowners did not want many people out there, no cameras and TV shows, no quads, no problems of any kind, and that is what we promised and delivered on.

We had no bull%$%$, no thefts, no scams, nothing more than Carl Esparza causing the trouble you all recall, posting photos of my car license plate and my home from google earth and saying he would follow us to the site. Many of you continue to buy from these scammers, after you see what they do, there are more than one on this list. They do this crap then some people won't hesitate to pull out their wallets and buy from them. Get in the dirt to buy from these scammers and you will come out smelling.
Carl also claims to have found numerous new meteorites including eucrites on his ranch in Aravaica. I am pretty sure they all smell like NWA's from Mohammed's box. I have been hunting in Arizona for 15 years and have yet to find a new meteorite, though it can happen as Jack and others know, it is unlikely for anyone to have a "meteorite ranch" this no new pieces from him were being accepted for classification.

Do we see a pattern here?

I have been buying and selling meteorites since 1996 and plan to be selling after 2026. I will not pull this crap because I make enough money being honest, scamming burns you, we see that in this thread. My collection is worth a lot of money, not to mention the time I put into building it, and I will not have it tarnished. If I had a suspect item, it would either go in the trash or at least be labeled as suspect and set aside.

I just had a bar-b-que with landowners where we are working, we have put hundreds of thousands of $$ in their pockets, and they love us for it. Unlike some other hunters who have left their landowners penniless and with no meteorites or recourse, we have made ours wealthy. We are friends and i have full use of their extensive shop for my hunting needs, mainenance etc. Today i slid off the road into a swamp, hopelessly stranding us, we had to walk some distance in the rain and mud, and call for help, a huge tractor was driven miles to rescue us on a moments notice. This is how I like to work, I think about tomorrow and next year, not putting all the coin in my pocket today like some do. Those of you as my facebook friends can see the video of my muddy disaster today in a few minutes when I post it.

Buyers, keep spending money with these people and your collections will be worthless, let's drive them out.

Michael Farmer