[meteorite-list] ANSWER - whole stone concerns

From: Steve Dunklee <steve.dunklee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 22:43:37 -0700 (PDT)

I have recieved some meteorites from list members with just the name of the meteorite hand written on a piece of paper and the weight . I WILL not mention any names because this may cause some problems on the list. It may however cause problems shold I die and the only documentation is the notes on the sample bag or box. The inside of one envelope actually had alongwith the sample in a riker box. A bunch of dirt in the envelope. The Carancas sample in the box did stick to a magnet and if it wasnt from an IMCA member I would still wonder if I had been ripped off. Cheers Steve Dunklee