[meteorite-list] Off Topic - Mines open to the public around San Diego?

From: Richard Kowalski <damoclid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 17:39:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all, sorry for this off topic post, but I thought this list's members would have the answers I seek...

I am interested in finding the mines in southern California that are open to the public, selling them buckets of mine tailings or other material to hunt through looking for various precious and/or semi-precious stones.

I'd appreciate it if some of you could suggest some of the better locations of this type to me, off the list.

Thanks!

--
Richard Kowalski
Full Moon Photography