[meteorite-list] Fireball question / sonic boom

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:11:13 EDT

>>There are several falls where no sonic boom was noticed. Speaking of US
falls,
the last two that come to mind are Berthoud, CO and New Orleans, LA.
Others
that I can readily recall are Salem, OR and Athens, AL. Reports from the
latter
two specifically state there were no "explosions" or booms<<

Thanks Frank...never knew there were any sizable meteorites recovered from
falls without any sonic booms reported. I bet there were some for those
above, but there probably weren't people in the right places to hear it.
GeoZay