[meteorite-list] A couple of new historical treatments

From: Mark's Meteorites <mark_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 21:46:26 +0100

Hi folks,

I've added a couple of new entries.

An account by the Islamic explorer Ibn Batuta describes an incident involving a Turkish king in 1325. I've been unable to identify the location of this town via google or via MetBul Turkish meteorites, so I've just given it the name described in the account:

http://historicfalls.com/2011/03/28/birki/

The second is two accounts of the Hatford fall in England, on 1628. Joining up the dots from the references, I've also indicated a tentative flight path:

http://historicfalls.com/2011/03/28/hatford/

Mark