[meteorite-list] Oklahoma Fireball ~9:21CDT 23MAR2011

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:00:24 -0700

Hi All,

I believe it DOES show up on the DFW radar in one scan, as well as
the Vance AFB radar in 3 separate scans. (Did not find it in the
Oklahoma City or Altus AFB radars.) The location is in perfect
agreement with the terminus as it appears in the Oklahoma City
All-Sky camera. (Took me a while to correctly orient myself with
that image; to save others some time, the brightest star in the
scene is Sirius. Other bright stars visible include Betelgeuse,
Rigel, Aldebaran and Capella.) Bolide flight direction was
WNW to ESE, as triangulated from the Oklahoma City Sentinel
camera, and Thomas Ashcraft's Albuquerque camera. (I'm still
trying to make sense of the Hawley, TX, camera -- it doesn't
appear to be oriented with north exactly at the bottom.)

--Rob